Oregon Business Law
Confidently launch, operate, and grow your business with our legal expertise.
Receive the proper legal representation needed to move your life forward.
Restoration of Firearm Rights
Receive the proper legal representation needed to restore 2nd Amendment rights.
Oregon Business Law & Rights Restoration Firm
Timothy LaBadie – Business Law, Expungement & Rights Restoration Attorney
Essent Law serves two main types of clients and two primary missions:
1. A core mission of Essent Law is to help people Get Rights Back in Oregon, especially those who are seeking to Get Rights Back in Oregon after a criminal arrest or conviction.
This includes the ability to get gun rights back, get hired for a job, pass a background check or get a license required for a job or career or university or college admissions. Because criminal records affect so many aspects of one’s life—because there are so many collateral consequences of conviction—Essent Law offers a number of legal services.
- Expunging criminal record—or setting aside and sealing arrest/conviction—under ORS 137.225
- Dropping felony conviction to a misdemeanor or reduction of felony conviction to a misdemeanor
- Pardon application and clemency relief to the Oregon Governor’s office
- Getting Gun Rights Back or reinstating firearm rights under ORS 166.274
- Clearing or correcting FBI criminal record or rap sheet
- Modifying restitution or probationary fines owed under ORS 161.685 (Effect of nonpayment of fines, restitution or costs)
- Advising and representing people with wrong background checks when applying for a job under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Advising and representing minority clients that have been unlawfully discriminating against because of a criminal record under Title VII and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations.
Get Rights Back in Oregon with Essent
Getting your rights back when having a criminal record is often an intimidating and confusing experience. There are a dizzying array of legal ramifications to a criminal arrest or conviction. For instance under only Oregon law, there are well over 1,000 different statutes, regulations, and court decisions that affect people trying to clear their criminal background and record. Understanding all these ramifications is difficult for lawyers, let alone everyday folks. We can help you make sense of this confusion for particular people, let you know where you stand, what your options are, so that you can move on with your life and getting all the rights back that you’re entitled to.
Helping people get rights back and with their criminal background records is work that Essent Law is proud to do.
2. The other core mission of Essent Law is to advise, counsel, and represent Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs in making their companies successful—to be a trusted business attorney.
Business attorney Timothy LaBadie deeply understands how a business attorney can best help business owners and management and entrepreneurs use the law to achieve success for their businesses. As a M.B.A. and economics major, Tim is known for talking to business clients primarily in business terms and language, and not legal jargon; and boiling down complex legal realities into everyday, familiar ideas. Essent Law has provided a number of business attorney services, including:
- Contract drafting
- Business negotiations
- Risk management planning and protective measures
- Employee agreements, various
- Confidentiality Agreements (Nondisclosure agreements, or NDAs)
- Unfair competition and noncompetition agreements, or NCAs
- Operational Agreements between or among business owners
- Forming or starting businesses, such as LLC formation and LLC operating agreements
If you are looking for a business attorney to help you with your business in Oregon, contact Essent Law.
Other Services Provided by Essent Law
- Record Expungement Portland
- Record Expungement Oregon
- Get Gun Rights Back Oregon
- Small Business Legal Services